This Australian Group is for enthusiastic knitters, crocheters, sewers, who would like donate their work to charities. Most of us donate locally to save on postage so we can buy more yarn! Our aim is to share with each other charities support and the types of items they use. Swap stories, patterns, ideas and work together to help those in need.
All members of the community are welcome to join and to nominate charities for the group and/or individuals to support. No charity is too big or too small for us to help. In fact the smaller the charity the better because they are the ones who struggle and survive mainly on the goodness of others.
For whatever you like to knit, crochet or sew I can find a needy body be it human or animal.
TOTAL DONATIONS GIVEN over 388,000 to date!!
JAN donations post by FEB 8 - address on database
Our FEBRUARY projects are.....
PERTH HOMELESS SUPPORT GROUP (WA)
Knitted, crochet or sewn beanies, scarves, gloves, fingerless gloves, socks, majority in men's sizes and blankets, all items in dark colours please. Toiletries - soap, shampoo, pads/tampons, condoms, wet wipes, roll on deodorant, combs, brushes, cotton buds, lip balm, bandaids.
WERRIBEE MERCY HOSPITAL SPECIAL CARE NURSERY (VIC)
Crocheted or knitted blankets using cotton, acrylic or pure wool 60cm x 60cm. Sewn or quilted blankets 1m x 1m. These items are used in the nursery & often taken home by parents.
KNITTING FOR AUSTRALIAN RESCUE DOGS (NSW)
ICE YARN - buy from us to support our fundraising
Check out our Gift Shop for lots of goodies..
- 924 Members
- 27,715 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their posts.